Sunday, November 20, 2005

Did you know....?

...a little peek at the inner workings of the Slackhopper...

  • I am a closet AC/DC fan (Bon Scott AC/DC) but a public Neil Diamond fan. Why? Not sure...just am...
  • My biggest pet peeve is shopping carts left scattered in the parking lot. Nothing bugs me more than pulling into what I think is a parking spot only to have my plan foiled by someone else's laziness. Grrrrr!
  • I think my husband has the sexiest mouth on the planet...and not just because he is my husband. I thought that long before we even started dating.
  • I never smoked pot until I was 23 years old. And I only ever drank under age twice (in Canada, anyway); at my brother's wedding when I was 14 and at my Mother's wedding when I was 16.
  • I LOVE Madonna's "Ray of Light". Please don't hate me...laugh all you want, but don't hate...
  • When I was a child, I used to think a "Coin Wash" was where you took your money to get cleaned.
  • I was in the Chess Club in elementary school...GEEK!!
  • I own a copy of "Air Supplies Greatest Hits" (on vinyl) and would make out with my highschool sweetheart to it all the time....*shudder*....
  • I once co-owned a 1959 Ford Fairlane Town and Country Sedan with my first boyfriend and we were members of the Sault Street Rod Association for a short time.
  • I took four years of saxophone in highschool and the only thing I can play is "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". I have completely lost the ability to read music.
  • When I was a child, I would not eat things like Kraft Dinner, chocolate cake or hot dogs, but I loved things like brussel spouts, parsnips and liver. I was some what backwards...
  • I find Steven Tyler from Aerosmith sexy.
  • One of my favourite movies ever is "The Breakfast Club"...I will not apologize...
  • I think I am the only woman on the planet who HATES the show "Sex in the City". I find it demeaning and stereo-typical, portraying women as shallow nymphomaniac shopaholics who have nothing better to do than drink cosmopolitans, buy shoes and gossip. It's stupid. I wish it would go away.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Oh ya tootsie pop..I hear ya. I have never ever seen not even one episode of Sex in the City. Never cared...never regretted...never dreamed of owning all the episodes on DVD. Phew...I feel much better...
a.

Anonymous said...

Dear Slackhopper...you are not alone.

I am also an AC/DC fan and have seen Neil Diamond fan in concert.

Unfortunately, I leave shopping carts in parking lots unless there is a specific spot to put them.

I do not think your husband has the sexiest mouth on the planet...nor should I. Sorry Rob.

I primarily drank underage, and for the most part stopped when it was legal.

I also love Madonna's "Ray of Light" and I am proud of it. I also own the Madonna Drowned DVD - plus more of her LPs (yes, on vinyl) than I should admit.

I knew what "Coin Wash". Sorry - you are on your own on that one.

I was a multi-year Science Fair winner...yes, geek as well!

I also own a copy of "Air Supply's Greatest Hits" - but I have a vinyl and cd copy.

You were a member of the Sault Street Rod Association...hahahahaha...sorry.

I took piano lessons where they taught me commercial themes so I could train my ear. So, I can play a mean version of the Meow Mix theme.

When I was a child, I had strange tastes as well. I loved vanilla to the point where I decided to drink it. Not a great idea.

Steven Tyler from Aerosmith spit on me once. Long story.

I don't have much to say about the "The Breakfast Club"...it was good.

I have never seen "Sex in the City" but have watched Terri Hatcher commercials with the sound turned down.

cb

§hria said...

Okay, I’ll play

Love AC/DC. Neil Diamond REEKS of testosterone. He seriously makes me want to puke.

Shopping carts in parking lots – good thing. Helps sharpen divination skills by trying to predict which way the carts will careen when smashed into by my car.

Sexy? Huh? I don’t do sexy, don’t get sexy - wouldn’t know sexy if it bit me on the ass.

Drank about the same underage as I do now – not much. The lost decade is another story.

Some of Madonna’s music is okay.

The coin wash was next to the store that sold chocolate. I knew coin wash.

Art, writing, outdoors club and theatre were my life in high school. Is that geeky?

Air Supply – nu-ah! worse than Neil Diamond. So gross!

When I was a child I used to visit the neighbours and beg for ‘real food’ - store bought jam, Count Chocula and white bread. Only home grown, home made all natural and healthy food was found in our house.

My first car was a red 1968 Volkswagen Beetle. Dad told me that I could get my drivers license if I could make that car go, as he towed it in the back yard for me. I learned to weld, change a door handle, smoke pot and have sex in small spaces in that car. Didn’t get my drivers license until I was 26 and out of the house, though.

Steven Tyler. Wait, I think I’m beginning to remember sexy. Oh yeah! I have no gag reflex anyway so I’d happily lick Steven Tyler’s spit off Neil Diamond’s hairy back just to be near someone who was near Steven Tyler.

Breakfast what?

Sex in the City. Good. Makes me wish I were a real girl like them. Wait, maybe that’s bad. What does Terri Hatcher have to do with Sex in the City?

§