Tuesday, February 21, 2006

...some STUFF and a few THINGS...

Winter blows goats. And this city's snow removal team blows the biggest, evilest goats of them all. Not once this winter have they cut the banks back from the stretch of Wellington Street upon which I live. If you want to seriously risk life and limb, try backing out of my driveway...it's a rush!

Now for something completely different...

In music news, I have discovered my new favourite band.
Living Things. I saw a video of theirs on "The Wedge" about a week ago and said "Holy shit these guys are awesome!" I then downloaded a few more tunes and fell in love. After visiting their website I was hooked. Go there. Go there now! I now own the CD and it has taken up permanent residence in my CD changer. If you take Iggy Pop, Sloan and the Killers and smoosh them all together, you get Living Things...very cool...

Also in music,
Magneta Lane's new album has just been released in North America. These hot babes are gonna be huge and the album is awesome. I think I purchased the last copy at CD Plus, but go on a hunt for it...you will not be disappointed.

Pandora. Have I told you about Pandora yet? I have been trying my darndest to spread the word about Pandora. It's an on-line music station...but it's much much more than that. You basicly create your own radio stations...like having your own personal DJ. Enter the name of a band or song you like and Pandora will find other music with similar sounds and styles to play. You then give each song a thumbs up or thumbs down and soon you have created your ultimate station...it's VERY cool and a great way to discover music and bands you may not have otherwise heard about. To register, you have to be a resident of the US...it will ask you for a Zip Code...just enter the one for Sault Michigan and you're all good...49783...have fun and you're welcome...

In local music news......
poster
...the Speakeasy...be there and throw bras at the boys...they like that...come and marvel at the new skinny Mr. West...witness the continuing battle of who is a side project to whom...be amazed at the drummer who can drink a beer faster than a speeding bullet...it's a freak show not to be missed!!

Unfortunately, I will miss it...I will be playing the part of bar wench that evening at LopLops...type-casting be damned!

...also, Mr. Mark Kunsti will be doing a solo gig at the Downbeat Lounge this Thursday evening. I believe he also sent me a poster but I accidently deleted it from my e-mail...sorry dude...my bad... Mark has a smooth sweet voice like butter and he always plays "Eat My Brain" for me...thanks Mark! Maybe Lord Pugh will show up and they can do "Silver Water"...possibly the greatest local country song DLP doesn't remember writing...

This Friday night at the Downbeat Lounge,
Controller Controller will be performing once again. If you missed them the last time, this is your chance to see an amazing band that is sure to go big. (their music can be found on Pandora, which I thought was pretty cool...) High energy, multi-talented and a lot of freakin' fun!! And you can definitely dance to it... I will be playing the roll of video assistant to Mr. Dan Nystedt that evening...a roll I would love to have permanently. See y'all there!

Finally, this Sunday evening get ready to rock out with your cock out!...the
Ultimate Power Duo will be performing at the Downbeat Lounge. With obvious influences like the Ramones and Spinal Tap, a good time is unavoidable. Raise a glass and a fist to the Ultimate power Duo!!

No comments: