Friday, June 03, 2005

This Ain't No Motley Crue Show, Honey...Part II (Licked by an Elephant)

stickness

This is what Mike Ness may have looked like in my pictures...FUCK!!!...okay...I'm over it now. Not really, but I'll pretend that I am...for your sake...

We missed the first act, The Eyeliners, an all girl punk band signed to Joan Jett's label, Blackheart Record Group. Apparently they're quite good, so here is their
website for your listening and viewing enjoyment.

The next act, whose name escapes me, was very hardcore, very loud and pretty damn good...way better than "Johnny Petoskey"...buncha angry young men...Beth described the lead singer as a combination of Jack White and Craig West...hmmmm...interesting...long lost brother perhaps?

They left the stage and I was happy...happy because it was almost Mike Ness time...intermission music played...the Clash, the Ramones and a SMOKIN' version of "Black Betty" I ended up tracking down through "Lime Wire"...a band called "Spiderbait"...very cool...

Link Wray's Rumble cut through the smoke and called everyone to the stage, making us aware that something intense was about to happen. Rob disappeared into the crowd to secure his spot in front of the stage. Trev hung back to guard drinks and stay out of the way. Beth held my purse in her bigger purse. The Band took the stage and my nipples got hard.

He spoke...

"Awfully fucking early for a rock and roll show, isn't it?" It was about 7:30 at this point. "Let's get this Motherfucker started!" I was pleased to see he was on stage sans eyeliner...time to ditch the cosmetics, Mike, you've out grown them...

They were about one verse into the opening song, "Mommy's Little Monster", when I was overcome by a sudden urge to dive into the mosh pit. After all, Mike Ness could not spot me, fall in love and insist I fly away with him if I was hiding at the back of the room, now could he...I went for it.

Pushing and prying my way through mass of writhing, sweaty, smelly people was more fun than I anticipated. I spotted my opportunities and took them quickly. I would hover over some little girly girl, knowing she would not be able to last too long...sure enough, she would eventually look up at her boyfriend, terrified, and they would leave, letting me slip right in...the fact that I was pushing extra hard and being extra rough to these girls had nothing to do with it...

I was paid back...lost my hat a couple of times...had to sacrifice my image to save the hat by securing the chin strap...yep, I looked like a fucking dork, but I knew Mike wouldn't mind...got kicked in the head I don't know how many times...almost lost my glasses a few times...lots of elbows in the ribs...my feet were not touching the ground for a while, and when they were, they got crushed...IT WAS SO MUCH FUCKING FUN!!!! Even Beth could not resist the call of the pit, and ventured in for the last half of the show.

Mid-way through the show, Mike brought an adorable little girl onto the stage...the same little girl Trev had on his shoulders for a while. He delivered a speech about how much he appreciates all the "old timers" who have supported him these past 20 odd years. All the young guys around Rob turned and looked at him...sorry, dude...then Mike went on to say how important it was to teach the young ones not to make the same mistakes we did, following which they played "Prison Bound"...fitting...and the highlight of the show for Rob.

My highlight was "Story of My Life" and I danced as much as one could dance in such close quarters.

The highlight of the show for the band was when some...I think the term "broad" best describes her...got up on her boyfriend's shoulders, pulled down her red and white striped tube top and flashed her boobs to Mike Ness. "Wow. Wasn't expecting that. I've lost my train of thought." said Mr. Ness. I can understand why...those breasts were real and quite impressive...she should be proud. There is more about boobie girl to come later.

"I better hear all you Motherfuckers singing to this one!" was Mike's order to the crowd as they played Ring of Fire ...we complied and the crowd surfers were exceptionally busy, as well as security...it was one hell of a fucking rib crushing, ear bleeding, breath taking, sweat inducing, painful but fun, goddamn fucking awesome show!

I felt like I had been licked by an elephant when I emerged from the pit....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Keep it coming.