Sunday, March 05, 2006

Some Funny Things Happen on the Way to My Blog...

So now that I am over the tragic Canadian Olympic hockey loss, I can get back to blogging...

There is a fun site meter thing on this blog where I can look and see who is looking at me. It offers all kinds of interesting tid-bits about who has visited my blog, where they're from, what browser they use, computer operating system, how long they were here and etcetera. It even tells me their IP address...if only I were a hacker...

My favourite part is the "referrals". This tells me where they came from to find my blog...most come from Craig's, Curt's or Jay's sites. Others stumble across it through random Google, Yahoo or MSN searches...these can be VERY interesting. I always look at what a person was looking for when they came across my blog, and some of them boarder on bizarre. There are a lot of "Slackhopper" searches (Dan, is that you?)...the following is a list of some of the oddities, word for word as they appeare in the searches;

- amazing and breath-taking majic tricks to learn off the computer ...yes, that is how they spelled 'magic'...

- bikini wax

- pictures of Grace Hopper as a baby
...no relation...wish she was...she helped invent the first computer...

- Patti Craig drug bust...I knew you two were up to no good...

- teenage highschool sex

- sault gay boys
...Dave, is that you?...

- graeme poll dancing ...wouldn't be the first time...

- Denis Leary cure for cancer photo

- yea yea I am newly celebrated lyrics
...this one makes NO sense and I have no idea what the hell they were looking for...a little help, here...

- nun debauchery ....someone's goin' ta hell....

- Barbie and Ken doing exotic things together ...who HASN"T seen that...

- where is sir isaac newton barried ...first of all, it's 'buried'...second of all that's not how a Google search works, moron...you can't just ask the computer a question and have the answer magically appear on the screen...sheeesh...

- hair everywhere ref hairy girls video ...*gag*...

There were a lot of others I could list, but I only started keeping track of them a short while ago. I have since gotten into the habit of checking every day and writing the interesting ones down, so rest assured there will be similar posts in this here blog's future.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you think craig and i can afford such lush lifestyles?... it's not from hard work i tells ya!...

patti

Anonymous said...

Ah the good ole search terms. They are definitely fun to look at but remember all of them aren't from Google. There are other search engines out there that get stored in the results as well so I'm assuming the question is is probably someone at Ask Jeeves, but that's my guess but then again 95% of people are idiots so they probably all are from Google ;)

Slackhopper said...

the sir isaac newton question was entered as a google search...I just double checked...funny...

Anonymous said...

I'll just say "stupid fucks" HAHA.

I have some really good ones about crabs on my site. But I guess that's expected with it's name and all.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of such fun, this lovely search term came in last night:
"crabs on men photos of what crabs look like"

Not on Google's front page anywhere, not on MSN but hey look, I rank #2 on Yahoo WOOHOO.

Gotta love search engines and people who don't read summaries I guess.

Craig said...

Well since we're public now, I guess we're taking orders ... so a couple bags of heroin for you again Slackhopper?

Anonymous said...

Make sure she picks it up this time!... i don't want to have to get off the couch to get it to her again!

patti

Slackhopper said...

nah...I'm more of a crank girl...heroin's for pussies...

Anonymous said...

Quit spying on me Hopper! So I can't spell when I'm in the mood for some magical hairy physics lovin' bikini waxed highschool gay nuns who look like dancing dolls with drug problems singing songs with new words in the sault ste marie (or greater algoma) area. What of it? What I wanna know is how you managed to get into my compu-box and torture me daily. Blah.
-YT

Anonymous said...

On that note: try googling slack hopper (with the space) and hit "I'm feeling lucky". How'd you manage that one?
-K

Slackhopper said...

"land of the dead" huh...never saw but heard it was shyte...