Monday, February 05, 2007

C'est Bon Soo...

I'm a wuss.

The weather since the kick-off to Bon Soo has kept me hudled indoors under a blankie watching movies.

Plus Rob and I had company over the weekend. Rob's brother Dwayne and his girlfriend Jen came up to surprise their father Jim Slack on the occassion of his 60th birthday, which was on Sunday at the Elks Hall.

Jim is an Elk. A past Grand Poobah, actually. The real title is Exhalted Ruler but I can't bring myself to say those words with out bursting into uncontrollable fits of laughter. I prefer Grand Poobah, but he would kill me if he knew I called him that, so keep it under your hat. I like to keep him happy because (a) he is my father-in-law and (b) the Elks sponsor Buskerfest thanks to Jim Slack.

What does any of this have to do with Bon Soo?

Absolutally nothing.

However....


...Mr. Bon Soo was on hand briefly at the birthday celebration, shown here with the guest of honour. He was making an appearance at some sort of after-event-party that was taking place upstairs at the Elks and used the downstairs bar as a change room. It was a very strange site to see Mr. Bon Soo get felt up by a gang of men as the costume was assembled. Wish you could have been there.

So, Bon Soo, huh?

It has been years since I have taken in any Bon Soo events, I hate to say. About 14 years ago I was part of a Snomadness team. The Community Living Algoma Ice Breakers. That was the last time I did anything even remotely related to Bon Soo. Not sure why.

Could be I hate the cold. Could be that none of the entertainment appeals to me. Could just be laziness.

I plan to change this....after I borrow a snow suit from someone. I will go out and about to photograph some stuff and things.

Promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Slackhopper

I strongly suggest a stop at the dollar store for HUGE quantities of pocket warmers before heading out to photograph Bon Soo events.

Not just for hands and toes but for batteries. My camera chews through batteries about 10 times faster in the cold. I've been keeping my spare set of batteries in my pocket with warmers (actually tied them between two warmers with an elastic band which was very hard to remove when my fingers froze) and putting the 'used up' set in the warmers when they were done. They 'resurected' for more than a few shots.

Post pictures, please.

And I loved your concert shots!

§hria

Anonymous said...

Hey slackyH...

thanks for your first contribution. It's very cold. Extremely cold.

This is why you need to check out the art gallery and my stuff ;)