Sunday, July 16, 2006

...and then my memory card caught fire...

Ok, so it didn't really catch fire, but I did shoot about 800 photos over the last week. There was a lot of stuff and things happeneing 'bout town. Here are a few highlights...


...this is myself with Shauna and John...I met John at the Downbeat lounge...he is from the UK and is spending 5 weeks touring Canada...I gave him a 4 hour tour of the area; Kinsmen Park, Mockingbird Farm, Gros Cap, cottage country, the shitty and the ritzy neighbourhoods, the canal...it were fun, eh...



"I'm a chicken hawk and yer a chicken. Now are ya gonna come quietly or do I hafta muss ya up?!"...God I love Foghorn Leghorn...



"Sure, Lisa....one magical animal..." God I love the Simpsons....



...cheezy shot, I know, but I thought it was cool none the less...

Second Satge, of course, ate up a huge chunk of my time this weekend. I did not mind, however, as it was a stellar opportunity to shoot local talent. I loved every second of it and am extremely pleased with the outcome. Rather than write about the event, I'll show you how damn cool it was....











...there are far too many pics to post here...for more shots of Second Stage, please visit my photo blog...thank you...

I also got to meet some fellow bloggers I had been reading for quite some time...


...I wonder who this could be?...Canadian Mark?...the Pirate?...or Hohmann maybe?...this man has many names, but I just call him the Boardwalk Piper...nice to finally meet you, Mark...I tried to sneak up on him to snap some shots, but he spotted me through his third eye which is apparently in the back of his head...also met Les Becker but the heat stroke affected me so much that I forgot to snap a shot of her...BAD BLOGGER!!...

...and I met some blogger pets...


...Domino...which is longer?...his tongue or his ears?...how was the dog drool bath, Rob?...


...and Fozzy...ready to go home, I guess...

And finally something I never thought I would see in the Sault...well at least not until Buskerfest anyway...


...yes, my friends...that is a break dancer at the Downbeat Lounge...it was very cool...again, visit my photo blog for more pics of this young fella doin' his thang...what are you waiting for?

3 comments:

Canadian Mark said...

What a sweet photo-filled post.

I especially like the shot of Gates of Winter with the silhouette of their clot-mob of fans in the foreground.

Les Becker said...

No shots of Les Becker?! LOL! That's okay; I think I only "show up" on my own memory card, anyway! It was a laugh and a half meeting you out and about this RotaryFest, Slackhopper. I knew I'd met a "kindred spirit" when I said, "Are you really The Slackhopper?" and you replied with a big grin and said, "Yeah! Nice to meet you! Here!" and then promptly stuffed an ice cube down the back of my shirt...

Anonymous said...

Ah Domino and Fozzie (notice the spelling ;)) featured on someone else's blog finally HAHA.

Crazy hounds -- yes everyone, those are my hounds.

The worst part was that's what Fozzie did about every 5 minutes on the walk back home, lazy little fella.

Great pic laden post SH.