Saturday, May 21, 2005

Missing in Action

I have been missing in action for the past week or so, and for this I apologize...last weekend did me in...

Friday May 13, 2005, the lovely Patti Goodwin and I got together to watch movies...one of my favourites, in fact...the Canadian-made "Blood and Donuts" which I reviewed in an earlier post on this very blog. It had been many years since I had seen this gem, and it lost none of it's charm with age...funny as ever. Apparently it is for rent at the Video Network...go get it and laugh...you'll thank me for it.

...oh yeah...we also got drunk...

Saturday night was the first annual "Soo Central Celebraties and the Northshore Superior All-Stars all-nite charity Good Times Dance-A-Thon"...say that five times fast! It's just a fancy title for another of Robbie Adamson's fantabulous parties. This one stood out due to the retro 50's style and theme...numbers pinned to the back of your shirt, chicks in poodle skirts, Robbie in his referee shirt with a bull-horn on roller skates, live band musical chairs...lots of fun and games and trophies. I was awarded the "Life Time Achievement Award". When I told Craig West this, his comment was "Don't they usually award such things at the end of your life when there's nothing left to achieve?" Thanks Craig...thanks a lot...just remember who's older, buddy...

...oh yes...and I went to bed at 7:00am...drunk...

Sunday May 15, 2005 was, of course, the much anticipated BigSuit C.D. party at Galaxy Cinemas. Those boys played their little hearts out to an audience of about 220 people. They sounded great and fun was had by all. The after party at LopLops was packed and many musicians played many songs in many different combinations to many rounds of applause...more fun was had by all.

...and I drank again...

And now I'm sick...the sickest I have been in years, actually...flu, chest, fever thing...had to break out the bronchodilator, which I haven't needed in almost two years. It's my body telling me, "You're not 20 years old any more, ya old crow! You can't party like you used to." Getting old bites...

No comments: