Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Corb Lund and Me and Apes that use Tools...

I was at the Corb Lund show at the Downbeat Lounge and you weren't...ha ha...sucks to be you 'cuz it was one fanfreakintastic show!

The house was packed, cowboy hats were donned by many and the tall, handsome ex-Smalls singer played and sang his heart out. I had never heard such loud crowds at the Downbeat before and it was well deserved. He is an amazing singer/songwriter backed by the "Hurtin' Albertans"...one of the tightest bands around. Everyone in attendance had a hootnanny of a good time.

Here is a photo of Corb and I...

Me 'n Corb

Thanks T-Bone for sending me the photo...

If you have no idea who Corb Lund is check out his website and find the answers you seek; Who is Corb Lund? Where does he come from? What is his music like? Why is he wearing a "Slayer" t-shirt?

And now for something completely different........

The news a few nights ago gave me goose bumps. They were airing a report about apes...apes in the wild...apes in the wild using tools...VERY cool. Apparently, this was the first time apes have been observed in the wild using tools. Other primates, chimps and the like, have been seen using tools in captivity, scooping peanut butter out of a plastic tube with a stick. But the photos of the wild apes were almost chilling.

The nice news people reported that one female ape waded into a pond-like water source and did not like the fact that the chilly water reached levels beyond her waist. She left the water, gathered herself a long pole and used it to measure how deep the water was, ensuring she did not wade too deep...SHE WAS MEASURING HOW DEEP THE WATER WAS!! I have no words to express how cool I think this is...

For a full news story about this fascinating topic, click here. The photo included with the story is of the amazing measuring ape I spoke of. Go there...go there NOW and be in awe.

Never before have I seen such obvious evedence of evolution. It ran me over and rendered me speechless. I love it!

Take that you lousey Creationists!!! (now wave your fist in the air vigorously...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A STICK! TO MEASURE WATER HEIGHT!!!... now why didn't i think of that......

patti

Anonymous said...

Do you really want to know why you didn't think of that...ha ha ha

RK