Tuesday, September 27, 2005

blah, blah, blah.....

I'm about to ramble on about the past week...ready?

The Sault Orleans benefit concert was a success and I would like to thank everyone involved for all of your contributions and hard work.

First and fore most, Mike Prentice for your vision and enthusiasm. Your heart is as big as...well ...you're a big fella, so it makes sense your heart is big too.

Adrian Vilaca for your ideas and being the go-to guy.

Craig West for managing and coordinating the musicians...you run one tight schedule...good job!

Curt O'Neil for the beautiful website and putting up with our constant pesky e-mails.

George Ravlich for the awesome sound production...and for only freaking out a little bit when your gear got wet!

Dan Nystedt for the fantastic multimedia presentation...I know it was more than a little hectic for a bit there, but you pulled it together beautifully!

Louisa Van Lith and the volunteers from the Red Cross for braving the storm and getting drenched for the cause.

Uncle Max and Mike's mom (sorry, didn't catch your name) for making one hell of a gumbo!

Sherie Gladu and "A Thymely Affair" for the amazing entrance way. And both Pat and Sherie for letting me use their studio to paint the sign, and for all your help doing so.

Allie Russon for all your running around and bead and balloon gathering...your Jack Russell is ALMOST as cute as mine...

Tracey Hilderly for doing a fantastic emcee job...and for being my partner in crying during the video presentation.

The girls from the "Pita Pit" for managing the gumbo sales.

The owners and staff of "Smack Daddy's" for providing the alcohol and contributing 50 cents per unit sold to the Red Cross.

Local Steel Workers Union 2251 for their Red Cross donation of $5000.00...wow!

A HUGE group hug for all the musicians that donated their time and talents for the cause; Brass Tax, Stifler's Mom, the Malcontents (way to give Mother Nature the finger, boys!), the Sault Swing Band, Lindsay Pugh (love that Dobro!), DJ Saige (it's just a little wet...it's still good, it's still good...), the Chris Belsito Band, Big Wheel and the Spokes (ya handsome devils!) and the Jay Scali Quattro. Those spectators who withstood the horrid weather conditions did so because of you.

To all of our sponsors, thank you. This event would not have happened without you.

To anyone else I have forgotten, my thanks and apologies...I tend to suffer brain farts now and again...

Being a part of this event made me happy.

For the rest of my week, I did a whole lot of not much. Friday night I ventured out to the Down Beat Lounge to see "Slow Nerve Action". This made me happy. But alas, the band was stranded west of Thunder Bay and could not make it. This made me VERY sad. But I managed to catch the "Inner City Surfers" at foggy Notions and this made me happy. Also went to the Greyhound season opener...happy! But we lost...sad.

Thursday and Saturday nights I worked at Lop Lops and made a bit of pocket money. This made me happy. But I had to work Sunday loan sharking...boo...sad.

Monday I spent a good portion of the day farting around on the computer...this always makes me happy. I am still unable to get my C.D. burner to work, however...much sadness...not to mention frustration and annoyance. Monday night, Krista and I played a mean game of scrabble. Not just any scrabble, but "Super Scrabble"...oh so happy! But I lost...bummer days.

So there it is...my bipolar week in a nut shell.

Oh...I almost forgot...less than two weeks 'til Social Distortion...happy, happy, HAPPY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the thanks Donna. Thanks for contacting me to do the site. I'm sure all the people you have listed are thanking you as well for your hard work. I sure used the word "thanks" lots.