Saturday, December 03, 2005

Something Revisited

Well, with the joyous season of Christmas apon us, I feel the need to revisit The Christmas Resistance Movement. I took another look at their site the other day and when I was finished laughing at their Russian propaganda style poster (which I love, by the way), I got a little upset. I am not a mindless drone who consumes because I am told to. I like buying gifts for people, so I say to them "Stick some holly in it!"

Christian or not, Christmas is a very imortant holiday for us stupid, stupid humans. You see we, by our very nature, are greedy, self centered creatures. We need reminders that there are those around that are important to us and this holiday almost forces us to acknowledge them. I don't see this as a bad thing. That is not to say you have to go broke buying and shopping and spending and fighting in the aisles for the last and latest "Crack Whore Barbie"....

hmmmmm.... Crack Whore Barbie... I think I need to market that... she could have accessories like tiny little compacts to cover those nasty bruises and track lines, crotchless panties and itty-bitty glass pipes...

Anyway, to get to the heart of my point, and I do have one, Christmas is a time of gathering friends and family, and sharing in the "spirit" of giving... giving extra attention, sharing laughs and stories, shovelling your nieghbours driveway or whatever. If this also includes the giving of gifts, then so be it. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING gives me greater satisfaction than finding that perfect gift for someone. Someone in my life this year is getting the perfect gift, but I cannot discuss this until after Christmas... most of you already know what it is... tee hee...

So, by all means, eat, drink and be merry... stick it to those stupid Christmas Resistance Movement people and spread the true meaning of Christmas...

Christ... I sound like an after school special. At least I kept the "Christ" in "Christmas"...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm so very honored to have the Quote of the Week be one of mine. Hopefully, I won't buckle under the pressure of trying to provide such pearls of wisdom in the future.

Craig said...

Whoever designed the Christmas Resistance Movement blows goats. Christmas is fun, largely because we humans need little things like holidays to keep us human. Look at Dick Cheney ... think he has ever felt the Christmas spirit? I think not. And he blows goats for sure. Presents are fun, hanging out is fun, and days where you don't have to go to work ... those are really fucking fun. Perhaps in addition to goat blowing, the Christmas Resistance Movement are also unemployed and don't appreciate the joy of almost a week off. Unemployed goat-blowers the lot of them.

Anonymous said...

Hey, buddy -- watch what you imply about goats! I'm rather fond of the little critters. Especially the pygmy ones (and no, I do not mean with wild rice and sauce).

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Barbie idea...but what about Cocaine Kenny, or Crack/Mac -Daddy Ken. I'd like to get a hold of such dolls- too funny!!!!