Saturday, April 09, 2005

...she wore one sexy, strapless dress...


arts-katinaschell
Originally uploaded by slackhopper.
Thursday, April 7/05 was the opening of our cute little Katina Schell's art exhibit, "She Wears Four Dresses", at Lop Lops lounge and gallery. The evening was fine in every aspect...and I don't mean "fine" in a George Carlin, sarcastic "How are you today?...Fine...", or fine hair kind of fine. I mean a "Damn, baby, you look FINE!" kind of fine. And our artist did, indeed look FINE in her sexy little strapless number.

First and foremost, Katina's fine art boldly took centre stage and, at least for me, punctuated the fact that spring is finally upon us. Her beautiful bold colours and flowing forms are the perfect companion for our new weather and my brighter mood...thank you Katina
! Pictured here is my favourite Katina piece that I WILL own someday...oh yes...I WILL...

Also featured were plenty of fine musicians (thank you Chris B., Craig, Chris W., Mark and anyone else who played before I got there), some fine spoken word (thank you Alanna and the other guy I don't know), lots of yummy fine food (thank you Beth) and copious amounts of fine conversation (thank you everyone!)...all in all, it was one damn FINE evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh Donna. you are the sweetest woman! & now you do own that painting!!! La la la. You looked pretty sexy yourself that night! I was so happy to see you out. Everyone was fab dab... and so much more!

-Katina Larissa